The above video is from the original VHS produced by Gallaudet University . There is no interpretation with this video. This video contains seven monologues:
- Deaf Dropouts from Mainstream Programs – 18:30
- Teaching English to Deaf Students – 4:30
- Gallaudet’s Office of Student Life – 11:00
- Biking Across America -11:00
- A High School Experience with Outward Bound – 16:00
- Extracurricular Support of Academics – 8:00
- Electronic Network for Instruction Program – 12:00
This video was originally created through the Department of Linguistics and Interpreting at Gallaudet University. “Interpreter Training for Deaf Individuals” CFDA. 84.160A, U.S. Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration. The CATIE Center is grateful to Dr. Carol Patrie for making it available for inclusion in the GTC Resource Library.
Although the contents of this video were developed under a grant from the Department of Education, they do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal government.