Link to YouTube version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6uEPdt3CU
Discussion Partners: Jason and Henry
Jason and Henry talk about the Anixter Center, which provides disability services and support.
- Video begins with a casual conversation, “small talk”.
- Pace of the dialogue is easily manageable.
- Little prep information is needed.
- Expansion of concepts allows for ease in interpretation.
- Basic knowledge of business vocabulary will be helpful.
- Equal amount of ASL/English and English/ASL interpretation throughout the video.
About this Video
The interactive videos in this series were created in partnership during the Graduation to Certification program through a collaboration between the CATIE Center and the Duluth Branch of the NAACP. These unscripted conversations were interpreted by novice interpreters in the GTC program and the video was edited to the best of our ability to remove the interpretation to create practice material. There may be some legacies of the original interpretation such as repetition due to the original interpreter asking for clarification or sometimes all of the interpretation may not be edited out due to overlapping communication.