ASL Version of Description
These online modules contain videos and activities to support novice interpreters in understanding effective strategies for learning and practice. The course introduces the concept of deliberate practice and how important it is for interpreters. Information and activities about deliberate practice is mixed in with information from Peter Brown, author of Make it Stick: The Science of Successful Learning.
This online workshop consists of five modules with a series of interactive activities, readings and videos to provide information, and discussions/assignments to apply the learning practices. The course begins looking at the science of successful learning and deliberate practice. Participants will be asked to engage with the ideas by creating summaries in alternate languages about information.
Successful participants will be able to:
- list four big ideas about the science of successful learning;
- describe the difference between unfocused and deliberate practice;
- practice describing ideas related to successful learning and deliberate practice in both ASL and English,
- create a stimulated recall,
- identify at least 5 activities for future professional development.
- Click here to join a Preview Course in Canvas
- Click here to access the course in Canvas Commons. (You can copy entire course.)
Assistance in Using Canvas Commons
View tutorial for transferring course from Canvas Commons to another LMS.